Sunday, January 8, 2012

Feel Good

To feel good, we need to find things to be grateful for, but that's not always easy to do.  If you can't find big things right now, look for little things that get taken for granted.  Like toilet paper.  Be grateful for toilet paper.  Even after it is used up you have a toilet paper roll to use to make wonderful things with your grandson, granddaughter, son or daughter.

Sal and I spent our morning yesterday making treasures out of toilet paper rolls I had been saving for just the occasion. We did a Google search for toilet paper roll crafts and found so many wonderful ideas.  He then picked the ideas that he wanted and off we went into imagination land.  The two of us together.  He in control and asking for my help when he needed it (like making patterns and hot glue gun).  He made a pair of binoculars, a giant skid and a robot.  I have lots of rolls left over for Saylor's next visit.  I can't wait to see what he wants to make.

My weekends are such treasured times.  I am so blessed that I get to have one of my grandsons each week end to spend quality one-on-one time with.  I hope they remember these times and experiences and someday do the same with their grandchildren and maybe tell their grandchildren about the time and experiences we had together.




Today we are in the kitchen making chocolate peanut butter balls (his choice) for Sal to take home and share with his brothers.  The weekend is always about them and we do what is special to them.  I fix their favorite foods, go to their favorite places, and watch what they want on TV.

Funny how some toilet paper made us both so happy.  Be happy and God bless you, yours and mine.

No comments:

Post a Comment