Friday, March 9, 2012

Wealth

Many years ago I sponsored a child in Africa through Save the Children.  When she wrote to me she asked for many, many things thinking that I was wealthy.  In her world I probably was.  At that time (17 years old), I made minimum wage, lived at home and packed eggs for a job but it was my small way of making a difference.  Today I am much wealthier, though some people would argue the fact with you, but I have all I need and able to support myself and not worry about paying my monthly expenses.  That is wealth.  The great wealth that some people acquire should be shared with those who are really in need.  That is real wealth…sharing and caring.


Thoreau said, “Wealth is the ability to fully experience life.”  If that is the case, I know many wealthy people because I know so many that are experiencing life to the fullest.  If you are happy, healthy and giving, what more wealth can anyone need?  It is back to the need and want question isn’t it?



No comments:

Post a Comment