Sunday, March 11, 2012

The Razor's Edge

I watched a great old movie made in 1946 last night that I have never seen before.  It was based on a book written by W. Somerset Maugham.   It was about a man searching for his purpose in life.  He was not looking for wealth.  He went to India and realizes that God was within him and finds peace and purpose.  The purpose being kindness toward others and puts it into practice in his life.  Great, great movie if you can find it.  It is an old black and white starring Tyrone Power and Gene Tierney.  I'm going to try and find the book.  Another book to add to my long list of books I want to read.




Another great quote from The Razor's Edge - “I happen to think we’ve set our ideal on the wrong objects; I happen to think that the greatest ideal man can set before himself is self-perfection.” ― W. Somerset Maugham

I give it the top rating of 5 stars in movies.  I think I will be adding it to my top 10 favorite movies of all times.  Plus Tyrone Power is very easy on the eyes!

Be happy, watch a great old movie and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment