Sunday, March 11, 2012

Sunday's Child


Do you remember this old nursery rhyme?  I'm a Wednesday child full of woe.  I thought I would share with you just for the fun of it.  You can do a search on your computer to find out which day you were born on to see which child you are and what your day means.  

MONDAY'S CHILD IS FAIR OF FACE
by Mother Goose
Monday's child is fair of face,
Tuesday's child is full of grace,
Wednesday's child is full of woe,
Thursday's child has far to go.
Friday's child is loving and giving,
Saturday's child works hard for a living,
But the child born on the Sabbath Day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay. 






MONDAY:
Monday's child is fair of face.
You are good-looking, especially when you smile! 
You are beautiful inside and out.  



TUESDAY:
Tuesday's child is full of grace.
You have many talents, and are fun to be around. 
You dance through life!



WEDNESDAY:
Wednesday's child is full of woe.
You are a serious person, and try to change things that seem unfair.
You make the world a better place!



THURSDAY:
Thursday's child has far to go.
You have many ideas, and you want to do them all. 
You will go far in life!



FRIDAY:
Friday's child is loving and giving.
You are caring and sharing.  You are kind, 
you love people, and people love you!



SATURDAY:
Saturday's child works hard for a living.
You are ambitious, enjoy work, and like to accomplish things. 
You know what you want!



SUNDAY:
But the child born on the Sabbath day,
Is fair and wise and good and gay.
You are sunny, fun, and loving.
You bring much joy to other people!




This is a very old post card I have kept for years that has a picture of a Wednesday’s child on it.  I planned on framing it and putting it by my 1946 calendar that I keep on my desk, but I never have.  It just sits in my desk instead as one of my little treasure. 




No comments:

Post a Comment