Monday, March 12, 2012

Tune of a Different Drummer






The other day when I was in the doctor’s office with my mother, I started up a conversation with a young teen girl (striking up conversation with people I don’t know is my usual MO).  She was wearing a pair of boots that were part hunting fabric, part cowgirl, and part pink princess.  I’ve never seen anything like them.  I had to say something being me.  I said I loved them and she smiled and said thank you politely back.  I was then compelled to say, “You march to the tune of a different drummer and I really like that.”  He dad was with her and smiled and gave me a look like you don’t know the half of it which made me smile.


That opened a long conversation with the young lady.  She told me about her love of fishing, boating, raising chickens and calves; she wanted to be in 4-H, and school.  We even found out a friend of mine taught her in school.  She set the tone for the rest of my day.  She gave me hope in the youth of tomorrow, that today was going to be a bright day, and that sweetness is still alive and well.  


I highly recommend you strike up a conversation with someone you do not know when you can.  It can be a wonderful experience.  I hope that I touched her life just a little also.


Keep marching to the tune of a different drummer, be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment