Thursday, March 8, 2012

Talkin' Bout The Duke

Since we both come from Iowa, we both appreciate it when a person talks slowly.  It is our way.  Slow and easy.  I also say it in as few words as possible.  Guess the Duke and I have that in common too.  I also don't have a problem with people not talkin' at all if they don't have something to say.  You can be with someone and just be there.  You don't always have to be talking.  Peace and quiet is something I can be very comfortable with.

I'm not a real lover of westerns, but when I look at the few I really like, he was in them:  Rooster Cogburn, True Grit, and McLintock.  My real favorite of his was not a western though, it was The Quiet Man.  He was an American-raised boxer who went to Ireland to live in the village where he was born.

I love watching old movies.  When I watch TV, I probably watch TCM channel more than any other channel.  I love the old black and white movies.  Watch an old movie and don't talk too much.  Just enjoy the Duke.




No comments:

Post a Comment