Friday, March 16, 2012

Sweet Memories



Do you remember real sodas from a soda fountain?  I remember after school, on the walk home stopping in at Snow White Pharmacy and having a chocolate soda.  They were wonderful.  If I had baby sitting money in my pocket, I would treat myself to one.  Many years have passed between my last soda at Snow White and the next time I had one.  I was in the Davenport at Lagomarcino’s Ice Cream Parlor and saw they had them on their menu.  The owner told me while I was raving about the soda, that he had purchased the Snow White’s old fountain pictured behind them above. 

I learned a couple of years ago how to make them on the Food Channel.  I’ll share it with you: 

Put some chocolate syrup in the bottom of a glass.  Add equal parts of milk and ginger ale ½ way up the glass.  Drop a scope of vanilla ice cream into the glass and it will fizz up like root beer float.  Serve with a spoon and straw.  Treat your kids to one.  Make it a sweet memory for them.  

Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment