Sunday, October 23, 2011

Serious Business


"Laughter is the sun that drives winter from the human face."  ~ Victor Hugo


Life is too often serious business so you need to be able to laugh as often as possible.  I usually laugh even when life is serious.  It helps me handle the rough times.  Abraham Lincoln said:  "With the fearful strain that is on me night and day, if I did not laugh I should die."   I try to find something funny in the situation and the bad medicine goes down easier.  It is also important that you be able to laugh at yourself.  There sure are a lot of examples I can give you because I laugh at myself often.  I'll share one of my "Lives Most Embarrassing Moments" stories.  While vacuuming my car out at the local car wash wearing a very full skirt, the powerful vacuum hose caught my skirt and sucked it up showing a lot of legs (I mean a lot of leg!).  There was a battle to get my skirt out of the very strong suction.  Of course, there are on lookers to laugh at my predicament.  I could have been devastated or see the humor in it.  I chose to laugh at it and tell the story the rest of the day to everyone who would listen about my newest “most embarrassing moment” story.   Remember, to gain control release control or fake it until you make it.  

"The most wasted of all days is that in which we have not laughed."  ~ Nicolas Chamfort

Laugh, be happy and God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment