Thursday, October 20, 2011

Lucky vs. Unlucky




Some people may say they are unlucky because they have never won anything or life has been kinder to other people.  I stop and look at people in 3rd world nations, or people that have just lost everything  because of some terrible happening like a tornado, fire, earthquake, etc.   I am so lucky because I have more than so many.  It is the glass half full or half empty philosophy.  I want to look at my glass being ½ full.  It really has been more than ½ full in comparison to the majority of people in this world.  I was lucky enough to have a mother and stepfather who provided me and my 7 brothers and sisters with all we needed.  I knew I was loved. They taught me a strong work ethic and values that have made life good for me.  I had a home that I’m lucky enough to still go back to.  My mother is still living and lives in my childhood home. I was born in the United States of America and was given an excellent education.  I was blessed with 2 sons I adore and grandchildren that are my life.  God has blessed me with good health even though he blessed me with the challenge of my grandmother’s and father’s diabetes.   Oh I’m am very, very lucky.  Thank you God for all you have given me and mine. Thank you also for the hard time to make me know good times.

Take a long look at all you have to be thankful for and what makes you lucky.  Are you an optimist or a pessimist on life?  Pessimists are seldom happy.   Don’t look at the bottom on the glass, only the top half.  If you are looking at the bottom you might want to re-evaluate your life.  Take control, make some changes, and become a happier person.

Be happy and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment