Sunday, June 23, 2013

Stuffed Avocados


I absolutely love avocados.  When I saw this I had to save it because my mind is coming up with all kinds of variations.  I'm putting my spin on it because I have some left over chunk crab from my paella yesterday and I'm stuffing an avocado with tomatoes, sweet corn and crab.  I know this is Sunday and I usually think brunch, but change is good.

2 avocados
1 tomato
1/2 cup corn kernels
1/4 chunk crab
1/4 cup fresh parsley
1 tablespoon lime juice
Salt and pepper

Chop your tomato in small pieces. Mix stuffing of chopped tomato, corn, crab, parsley, lime juice and salt and pepper to taste. 

Halve and pit 2 avocados. Spoon the corn and tomato mixture into the 4 avocado halves.


Serve as a cold salad.  

Variation - You could also use feta cheese or chicken instead of the crab. Oh, and the ever favorite bacon.  If you like a little heat, toss in a little salsa.  

Doesn't it sound like a perfect summer meal?  Have a perfect summer day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment