Wednesday, June 5, 2013

Coconut Macaroons

Made the simplest cookie there is yesterday for my visit with mom today.  She and I love coconut so I put a new spin on mine and made them in mini muffin pan.  


Coconut Macaroons

1 Can (14 oz.) Sweetened Condensed Milk
1/4 Cup Milk (I had 2% so used that)
1/4 Cup Flour
4 Cups (or 12 oz. bag) Sweetened Shredded Coconut

Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.  Spray the muffin tin and fill each well with the macaroon mixture, making 24.  If you want to make them on a cookie sheet, line it with parchment paper or use a Silpat (love them).

Combine condensed milk and milk and blend.  Stir in the flour and coconut until thoroughly blended.

Fill the sprayed wells to the very top.  Bake it in the oven until they are golden around the edges (Approximately 20 minutes).


Let the macaroons cool fully to firm up and harden before trying to remove them.  I used a butter knife to pop them out.

Variation - Try adding chopped cashews, almonds or macadamia nuts to the macaroon mixture and/or drizzle with melted chocolate.  

Sweetened Condensed Milk

Don’t have sweetened condensed milk?  Make your own.  I hate to run to the store and if I can use ingredients I have in the house already I will.  Not everyone has powdered milk, but I keep it to make powdered condensed soups so I usually have it.  This recipe saves you the time of simmering it for a long time to condense it.  

½ cup boiling water
1 cup nonfat dry milk
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons butter
1 tsp. vanilla

Pour 1/2 cup of boiling water into a blender.  Add 1 cup of nonfat dry milk.  Add 2/3 cup sugar.  Add 3 tablespoons of melted butter.  Add a tsp. of vanilla.  Cover and blend on high speed for 30 seconds or until smooth.

Use in a recipe immediately or store in a covered container in the refrigerator.

Hoping you have a sweet day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment