Friday, June 14, 2013

Strawberry Mango Salsa

I’m finding good deals on strawberries right now and thought I’d share a couple of strawberry recipes with you the next couple of days.  Today it is a terrific salsa.  A friend of mine introduced me to this at our last book club and I feel in love with it.


3/4 cup diced strawberries
3/4 cup diced mango
1 jalapeño, seeded and minced
2 tbs. diced red onion or chopped green onion
2 tbs. chopped fresh cilantro leaves or parsley leaves for those who do not like cilantro
2 tsp. honey or to taste
Juice of 1 lime
Salt to taste

Cut up your fresh strawberries and mango.  Deseed and clean out the jalapeno.  Chop it very finely.  Chop your onion finely.  I use parsley rather than cilantro, but you chop which ever you choose for the salsa.  Add the honey and the juice of a lime.  Taste to see if you are happy with the sweetness.  Add a pinch of salt and season with more salt and/or honey if you think it needs it.  

Serve with blue corn tortilla chips.  There is a great one with flax seed that I highly recommend if you can find them.  Think you can get them at Target or K-Mart.  


 This salsa would be great with baked fish also. 

Try it on some bruschetta.  You can pair it with chicken or pork.  Let you imagination go.  I love the hot and sweet. 

Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment