Saturday, June 8, 2013

Apple, Pecan, Oatmeal Pancakes

I’m sharing my apple, pecan, oatmeal, Sunday pancakes recipe with you today.  I thought I better give it to you a day early so you have the ingredients for tomorrow.  I’m using up some more of my canned apples.  I I think they may be one of the best pancakes I have ever made except they are very filling.  I could not finish off two of them.  The recipe made 6 pancakes.


Apple, Pecan, Oatmeal Pancakes

3 eggs
1⁄3 cup of oatmeal
2/3 cup flour
1⁄4 cup chopped pecans (You may substitute walnuts)
½ cup chopped cooked apples (I chopped up some of my apple-pie-in-a-jar)
½ cup milk
1 tablespoon syrup
3 tablespoons brown sugar
½ tsp. cinnamon
1 pinch of Kosher salt
Butter for pan

Mix all ingredients.  Do not over mix. 


Heat pan or grill on medium heat.  Add a pat of butter and let it melt. Using a 1/2 cup measuring cup, pour your pancake batter into the pan.


When it begins to brown around the edges, it is time to flip.  Loosen the sides and flip. 
Serve with warm maple syrup and butter. 

Variations – You may replace the apples with apple sauce, sliced bananas, blueberries or your favorite cooked fruit. 

Have a terrific day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment