Tuesday, June 4, 2013

Braunschweiger and Cream Cheese Spread

I was standing in front of the refrigerator and looking at what I had and was trying to decide what to fix for supper.  I had some Braunscheiger so decided on a spread.  I love braunschweiger and this spread is super simple.  I think my loving it comes from my German roots.

A café in LaMotte serves a small tray of appetizers and crudités with each dinner and part of that tray is a braunscheiger spread that I fell in love with. I had never had it before.  I played with it and I’ve made a spread that I think is real close to it.  I love to just serve it with celery or crackers like they do, but you can serve it with nice crusty roll.


Braunschweiger & Cream Cheese Spread


½ cup whipped cream cheese
1 tsp. Worcestershire Sauce
½ tsp. onion powder
1 teaspoons lemon juice
½  cup Braunschweiger
½  cup mayo


Put all ingredients in a small food processor and mix until smooth.  Put it in the refrigerator to chill.  It tastes best when you let it set for a couple of hours in the refrigerator.  It will keep for several days. 

Since it is just me tonight, this is my supper.  I’m serving it with celery and my brother’s crusty rye bread roll sliced nice and thin. 


Have a great day.  Keep it simple, be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment