Thursday, December 22, 2011

The Artist in Me and Mine



I like to think that I am an artist.  I am creative and have a need to create.  I’m happy when I am creating.  I’ve passed this on to my son and his sons.  With each generation, I believe more talent has emerged making me wonder what my great grandchildren artistic talents will be with our next generation.

I’d like to think that I had something to do with the passing on of their talent.  If nothing else, I at least did not stifle the artist in my sons.  They did not need to stay between the lines and could color with any color they wanted.  Children see things quite differently than adults and they are often redefined by adults and school when God already made them perfect.  Let them color the leaves of a tree purple and let the colors flow outside the lines.  Encourage them in all their endeavors so they can become great, their self esteem can grow and they can easily love themselves.  Make sure you save those great pieces of art and post them proudly in your home for all to see. Fuss over each and everyone of them.  Always have paper, colors, scissors, markers, construction paper, etc. available so they can create when ever they feel like it.  Make sure you have your creative supplies available for when you get the urge to create.  You never know when the urge will strike you.
This is a picture my grandson Sam did of my totem animal for my office when he was only 6 years old.  I keep it on my desk.  I have a huge bulletin board that I display my grandson's great gifts of art to me on.  I see them looking at it often and it tells them I’m proud of what they do.  I have started books that I keep  their art work and short stories in so I can look back and see how they have grown artistically.  I’m so proud of them all.

Be happy, create something and God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment