Friday, December 2, 2011

Another Hero



 I’m currently reading Everything to Gain: Making the Most of the Rest of Your Life, written by Jimmy Carter and his wife Rosalynn.  They share their story on continuing their life after the White House.  President Carter is another one of my heroes and when he was not reelected I thought the world was coming to an end and so did they.  But the world did not come to an end and in the case of President Carter and Rosalynn they found it was a new beginning.  I’m enjoying knowing them more personally through the book.  They are both very special people. 

After their defeat and their forced retirement they lost their family business and Rosalynn’s health was affected.  The many changes they went through were overcome and they have found happiness and their lives are full of meaning.  The book is an excellent read.  I highly recommend to anyone going through retirement or great change. 

No comments:

Post a Comment