Monday, December 9, 2013

Rocky Road Fudge

Today I’m finishing up my basket I’m donating to the Jackson County Historical Society for their basket auction.  I’m making rocky road fudge to finish it off.  It is a simple recipe so I thought I would share it. 


14 oz. can of sweetened condensed milk
3 cups semi sweet chocolate chips
Pinch of salt
1 ½  teaspoons of vanilla
2 tablespoons of softened butter
2 cups mini marshmallows
1 cup chopped walnuts

In a double boiler over medium heat, mix the sweetened condensed milk, the chocolate chips and a pinch of salt.  Continue to stir until completely smooth.

Remove from heat and add 2 tablespoons of softened butter.   Stir in the vanilla.  Add 2 cups of mini marshmallows and the walnuts and mix well (should be hard stirring).  You just want to incorporate them and the walnuts evenly.

Pour into a sprayed aluminum 8 X 8 inch baking dish and smooth out.

Place in the fridge to chill for two hours.

Remove from baking dish and flip over onto cutting board.  Cut into 1 inch pieces.  Store the fudge in an air tight container. 

It makes a wonderful gift.  Think I'll take a few of the goodies over to mom also.



Have a great Monday, be happy and may God bless you and yours.


No comments:

Post a Comment