Monday, April 29, 2013

Guacamole


Guacamole is my favorite Mexican condiment.  If I’m eating out, I always order it on the side of anything I order.  But then I love avocados.  I love them in salads and on a sandwich.  They have been pretty reasonably priced lately too.  When I lived in California, people had avocado trees in their back yard.  Wish we could grow them here.  A young boy in our neighborhood used to come to our door when they were in season and sell them a dozen for a dollar.  Now I usually pay a dollar for one.



2 ripe avocados
1 medium lime
1/4 cup red onion
2 tablespoon cilantro
1 clove garlic
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon black pepper
1 tablespoon jalapeño pepper

Chop your onion and put in a strainer.  Run under water and rinse it well.  This takes the bite out of the onion.  Slice and pit your avocados.  Chop your avocados and chilantro.  Deseed the jalapeno and chop very finely.  Chop your garlic finely (I like to use the store bought chopped in the bottle.  It is already finely chopped).

Place your avocados and lime in medium bowl, and lightly mash with fork.  The lime keeps it from turning brown.  Leave some texture to the avocado so you have some chunks.   Stir in remaining ingredients.

I love guacamole on all of my Mexican dishes, but then I love avocados.  You may also chop some tomato and add it to the guacamole, but I like mine without.

Have a great day, be happy and may God bless you and yours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment