Thursday, April 18, 2013

Green Wood Repair Oil


Damaged Wood

I have an old window that I did not want to refinish, but found this damaged green wood repair and cleaner recipe and had to try it.  I'm pleased with it so am sharing it with you.

Here are the before and after pictures.  I’m amazed at the difference with very little work.

Before 


Mix together 1 part canola or olive oil and 3 parts vinegar and shake it well.  I put it in a plastic bottle (used ¾ cup vinegar and ¼ cup oil) and shook it well (it will separate so you will need to shake it each time you use it).  I have plenty left over for future use. Dip a rag in it and simply wipe!  Look at the difference!

After 
Damaged Wood Repair Cleaner and Oil

¾ cup vinegar 
¼ cup olive or canola oil

Shake well, dip a cloth in it and wipe wood.


I'm in the process of making a green weed killer with vinegar, salt and Dawn and will share after I have tried it.  With the rain, I haven't been able to test it.  If it works, I'll share it.  

Hope the rest of your day is a great one.  


No comments:

Post a Comment