Sunday, April 14, 2013

Apple Pizza

Here is a simple brunch idea that is simple.  A group was talking about apple pie for breakfast the other day and I guess this is pretty close to it.  You can also use the caramel sauce recipe from yesterday.





Apple Pizza

9 inch rolled out pie crust
2/3 cup sugar
3 tablespoons flour
1 teaspoon ground Cinnamon
4 medium apples (I'm  using my canned apples or you can use apple pie filling and skip the sugar, flour and cinnamon)

Topping
1/2 cup flour
1/3 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup old-fashioned rolled oats
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/4 cup salted butter

Drizzle 
1/2 cup caramel topping (use the recipe I posted yesterday)
  
Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Roll your pastry to fit a 12 inch pizza pan.  Fold under edges to give the pizza a bit of a raised crust. Combine sugar, flour and cinnamon in a medium bowl. Add peeled, diced apples and toss. Arrange the apples in a single layer over the pie crust to completely cover it or use the canned pie filling.

For your  topping, combine the flour, brown sugar, oats, cinnamon, and butter in a bowl. Mix well. Sprinkle topping evenly over the apples.

Bake at 350 degrees for 35 to 40 minutes or until apples are tender. Remove from oven and immediately drizzle with caramel topping. Cut into pizza slices. Makes 12 servings.

I love this because I can use up some of my canned apples and I'm using the store bought pie crust to save time and work. 

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment