Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Stop Beating Yourself Up

Many of us expect too much of ourselves and in doing so verbally abuse ourselves for not meeting our own expectations or others.  It seems to be happening more and more in our society.  What makes us expect perfection or being super human and when has doing your best not been enough?  This kind of thinking does not allow happiness in your life because you set yourself up to fail.  It destroys relationships and your own inner peace.  It is impossible to be perfect.  I try to do my best and that is all I expect of myself. Some days I do better than others and that is ok.  You do not need to invite more hurt into your life than life already gives you.  Repeat after me, I love myself unconditionally!  Keep working on being a better you, but not a perfect you so you can succeed and stop beating yourself up with negative talk or thinking.  

Be happy, do your best, and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment