Saturday, February 11, 2012

My Legacy




Now that I’m in the last quarter of my life, I am thinking more and more about my legacy to the world.  I have always felt that I needed to leave this world a better place than when I came into it and that was to be my legacy.  I guess I am taking inventory and thinking what else is there to be done that is within my power.  I am not thinking of monetary or material things that I could leave behind.  I’m thinking of little changes I can make in peoples lives and hopefully they will pay it forward.  We are constantly leaving our imprints in people’s lives by a simple smile, kindness, a touch.  These are such simple things but a legacy none the less.  I hope to be remembered by the lives I have touched as a caring person and that I made their life just a little better in some way.  I can’t be all things to all people, but I can make a difference in some people’s lives and that is my legacy along with my children and grandchildren who are my greatest legacy to the world.

Leave some of yourself with each person you meet even if it just a smile or a kind word.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment