Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Peanut Butter Chicken Ramen Noodles

I admit I love ramen noodles.  Their price alone is enough to make you like them.  Any college student will tell you that you can live on them and have.  I always have them in my pantry and with a chicken breast can always make a quick meal with them.  I seldom use the flavor packet because of the salt content, but do save them for a few recipes I have that calls for the seasoning packet like my oriental salad dressing and my chicken condensed soup mix. 

So today I thought I’d go with inexpensive, quick and tasty.  I’ll be cutting this recipe in half since it is just me and it will still make 2 meals for me.  This recipe should serve at least 4 people. You can’t beat that. 


Peanut Butter Chicken Ramen Noodles



2 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
Kosher salt and pepper to taste
¼ cup peanut butter (I like to use chunky for the texture)
2 tbs. soy sauce
½ tbs. cooking oil
2 cups water
2 packets of ramen noodles
1 green onion chopped

Cut your chicken breast into bite-sized pieces. Season with Kosher salt and pepper (the reason I always specify Kosher salt is because your table salt has chemicals in it to make it pour freely and I don't want the chemicals).  

Combine peanut butter (creamy or chunky) and soy sauce (light or regular) in a bowl. Set aside.

Heat the oil in a skillet over medium heat I use vegetable oil, but you can use peanut oil). Add chicken. Cook and stir until chicken is cooked through and golden brown. Transfer cooked chicken to a bowl. 

Add water to the skillet. Bring the water to a boil and place noodles in water. Cook until noodles are softened, about 3 minutes. Remove skillet from heat.

Ladle one scoop of hot cooking water from skillet and add it to peanut butter and soy sauce mixture. Stir together to make sauce. Drain the remaining water from the noodles.

Add cooked chicken and peanut sauce to noodles in skillet.  Stir to coat noodles. Topped with chopped green onions.  If you like, you can add a little heat by adding a pinch of red pepper flakes. 

Don’t be afraid to add a few of your own touches to it.  Grate some carrot or chop some broccoli and add a few veggies to it. 

Hope you have a great day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment