Thursday, October 10, 2013

Cucumber and Heirloom Tomato Salad


This is my lazy day salad that I go to when I don’t want to put much work into it, but want a good salad.  I still have tomatoes I need to eat each day also.  You can use the herb salad dressing I gave you this week or use a Green Goddess dressing to dress it.  Tomatoes and cucumber were made to go together.

Heirloom tomatoes
English cucumber
Dressing of you choice
½ tsp. onion powder
Kosher salt and pepper

Slice you tomatoes into bite size pieces and place on a paper towel and sprinkle them slightly with Kosher salt to get the liquid out of them.  This way you don't have a soggy salad.

Peel your cucumbers.  I like to use the seedless kind but this is a time you can use those huge ones that are all seeds.  Cut the seeds out and just cut bite side pieces of the cucumber to match the tomato pieces. 

Combine the tomatoes, onion powder and cucumber and dress with your dressing and sprinkle with pepper. You could put slices of onion in it and leave out the onion powder if you like.  I just want a little onion flavor.

It can’t get any simpler or prettier than this.


Hope you have a great day.  It is OK to be lazy today.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment