Friday, March 22, 2013

Nestlé’s and Hershey’s meet S’more


Butter is on sale at Fareways for $1.88 today so stocking up on butter.  Going to make some Nestlé’s chocolate chip cookies with a twist for grandson’s.  This is Saylor’s weekend with me so we’ll make our own gluten and dairy free cookie for him, and take these to my other grandsons.  We love camping and making S’mores.  In fact we make them over the burners on the stove or make them in the microwave and don’t wait to camp.  I saw a recipe with chocolate chip cookies and marshmallows and I played with it and changed it to come up with my own simpler version using the same recipe I always use when making chocolate chip cookies.  These are over the top and better than graham crackers! 


1 bag of Nestlé’s semi sweet chocolate chips – use their recipe for the cookies
1 bag extra large marshmallows
1 box of Hershey chocolate plain candy bars

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Mix your dough according to the directions on the back of the Nestlé’s semi sweet chocolate chips.  It is the best chocolate chip cookie recipe I have ever found.  Use butter and do not over bake so they are chewy.  Make them about the size of a ½ a graham cracker so the Hershey fits on the cookie.  After 10 minutes I stand by the oven and watch.  Do not bake for over 12 minutes.  Every oven is a little different so it may vary.

Cool the cookies completely.  I transfer almost immediately to a plate so they do not continue to cook on the cookie sheet. 

When completely cooled, place a half of a Hershey’s candy bar (I used just one miniature candy bar) on top of a cookie and then an 1/2 of an extra large marshmallow (I used a kitchen scissors and cut them in half).   Microwave them for 15 seconds.  The marshmallow will double in size.  That is a good thing.   Working quickly, using a second cookie, gently press together to make your super cookie.  Continue making as many as you wish.


Making cookies on a very cold spring day will make my day.  Make your day, be happy and may God bless you and yours.   

No comments:

Post a Comment