Friday, March 29, 2013

Homemade Ranch Dressing




What is your favorite salad dressing?  I have so many and it depends on my mood, but I do love ranch.  I suppose it depends on the salad too.  My grandson's like it as a dip to put carrot sticks in.  My grandson Sal likes it on his tacos.  It is not just for salads.  So am sharing a good recipe for homemade ranch dressing.  I'd rather make my own.  

1 cup  mayonnaise
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup fresh parsley leaves
2 tablespoons fresh dill
1 tablespoon fresh chives
2 cloves garlic
1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
1/2 teaspoon white vinegar
Dash of your favorite hot sauce (optional)
1 lemon
1/2 cup low fat buttermilk

Chop you parsley, dill, chives and garlic.  If it is winter, go ahead and use your dried herbs.   Juice a lemon.

In a food processor or blender combine all of the ingredients and pulse until thoroughly blended. Taste it and adjust seasoning if needed. Pour into a mason jar and chill for at least 1 to 2 hours before using.

Weather is spring like finally and a salad sounds good.  Hope you have a good day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours on this Good Friday.


No comments:

Post a Comment