Monday, March 25, 2013

Homemade Cleaning Products

Today is cleaning day and laundry day for me, so I thought I would give you some very different kind of recipes.  With my continued effort to save money and/or go green, I have saved some recipes for cleaning products and I thought I would pass them on today as a change.


Homemade Febreze



1/8 Cup of fabric softener (I used Downy April Fresh)
2 tablespoons Baking Soda
Hot tap water
Spray bottle (I used my empty 27 oz. Febreze bottle)

Use a funnel and pour fabric softener and baking soda into your spray bottle. I'm using a recycled Shout bottle that I have cleaned well.  I'll label it with a Sharpie Pen and continue to refill and use.  Fill spray bottle with hot tap water and shake well. Don't forget to twist the nozzle over to the lock position before you shake it. You are ready to go spray fabric surfaces in your home or even use it in your laundry for sticky pet bedding.  I have 3 little chihuahuas and this is a great savings to me.

Store bought Febreze: $5.59 and the homemade is 15 cents.

Stain Remover



This is the ultimate stain remover that actually works on a seriously set in stain! You will never have to buy Oxyclean again!

1 tsp. Dawn dishwashing detergent (use the Dawn only)
3 to 4 tablespoons of hydrogen peroxide
2 tablespoons of baking soda.

Scrub stain with a scrub brush.   You may add it to your laundry by mixing it with a little water first.

I need to get to my Monday cleaning.  Have a great Monday.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment