I have been working on this list for sometime and it continues to grow as I experience happiness and think about it. I believe all of these to be true.
1. You can’t be happy if you are jealous.
2. You can’t be happy if you are bad tempered.
3. You can’t be happy if you don’t choose to be happy. Remember “Do you want to be right or happy?”
4. You can’t be happy when you are criticizing others.
5. You can’t be happy if you are a pessimist.
6. You can’t be really happy if you are under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
7. You can’t be happy if you are constantly defensive.
8. It is hard to be happy if you are surrounded by negative people.
9. You must first know sadness to know happiness.
10. You can’t be happy if you do not know love in your life.
11. You can’t be happy if you do not love yourself and respect others.
12. Happiness is not always found in grand things. It can be found in small simple things.
13. Happiness can be found easier if you have a spiritual life to help you see your blessings. Count your blessings and be grateful.
14. You can not be idle and be happy for long. You must grow and stay active in life.
15. You are responsible for your own happiness, no one else.
16. Be true to yourself.
There are probably many more but that is a real good start on how I find happiness in my life. I don’t mean to make it sound easy because some of them are not. It is very hard work. Can you think of additional rules to add?
Be happy and God bless you.