Wednesday, November 2, 2011

Beatitudes for Aging


Blessed are they who understand
my faltering steps.

Blessed are they who know my ears today
must strain to catch the words they say.

Blessed are they who see that my eyes
are dim and my wits are slow.

Blessed are they who looked away
when I spilt on myself  when eating today.

Blessed are they with a cherry smile
who stop to chat for a little while.

Blessed are they who never say,
"You've told that story before."

Blessed are they who know the ways
to bring back memories of yesterdays.

Blessed are they who make it known
that I'm loved, respected and not alone.

Blessed are they who know that on certain
days I'm at a loss to find the strength to
carry my cross.

 Blessed are they who ease the days
on my journey Home in loving ways.

Author Unknown  



No comments:

Post a Comment