Sunday, May 5, 2013

Chocolate Oatmeal



Today is Cinco de May and Sunday, so it is brunch day.  I’m sharing an over the top oatmeal recipe with you today.  If you are a chocolate lover, you’ll love this.   It will make 2 servings, so double or tipple depending on how many you are feeding or how big your appetite is.

1/2 cup rolled oats
1 1/2 cups milk of choice or water
1/4 tsp. salt
1 tbs. cocoa powder
1/4 tsp. vanilla
Sweetener of choice (stevia, maple syrup, sugar, honey, etc.)
Cream or milk (optional)
Chocolate chips

Combine oats, liquid, and salt in saucepan.  Cook constantly stirring until all the water or milk is absorbed (I use water).  Add your vanilla, sweetener, and cocoa.  Serve in individual bowls with milk or cream and top with a handful of chocolate chips.  I like to use dark chocolate (healthy they say).

Since this is Cinco de Mayo, make it with Mexican chocolate (or add a pinch of cinnamon to it). 

My son’s Godmother and a very special friend gave me a quart of “brown gold” (homemade maple syrup) that her family makes each year.  I’m using it as my sweetener of choice today.  Thank you Karin for your generosity!

Have a great Sunday, be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment