Saturday, May 25, 2013

Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich

You know who you get a craving for something?  Once your mind rests on the idea, you just have to have it. Well I haven't had this sandwich for a very long time and I have a craving for it.  I thought of it because I have some Swiss cheese that I need to use it up and I always have some chicken breasts in the freezer, so thought I would make this sandwich.  I'm not crusting the chicken though so it is my take on a Chicken Cordon Bleu Sandwich.



Chicken breast
Slices of honey roasted ham 
Swiss cheese slices
Toasted French bread
Honey mustard dressing

Toast your bread on both sides and butter lightly.

Fry the chicken breast over medium heat until it is golden brown and a bit crispy.  I used olive oil to fry it.  Turn over and cook on both sides.  I slice the breast in half for two thin chicken slices.

Put chicken on bottom half of the toast and top with ham slices and add Swiss cheese.

Place onto a foil lined cookie sheet and place under broiler until cheese is melted and bubbly.  Stand and watch. Do not walk away.  It will not take long.

Top the other piece of toasted bread with honey mustard dressing and put it on the sandwich. 

Honey Mustard Dressing

3/4 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup mustard
2/3 cup honey

Mix well and store in a Mason jar.  You can refrigerate for a couple of weeks.

Serve the sandwich while it is hot.

Variation -  This would be really nice on a French croissant also.  You can substitute the honey ham with Canadian bacon.  You can grill the sandwich instead of using the broiler.  Make it your own.


You may also add lettuce or tomato if you like.  

Wishing you a great Saturday to start your Memorial Day weekend.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment