Monday, October 22, 2012

Pumpkin Spread


Well I lied.  I'm sharing another pumpkin recipe, but I think you will like this one.  It is a no bake recipe and you can use it as a snack or for breakfast.

While making pumpkin bread yesterday, my grandson wanted to lick the bowl.  It made me think that it would make a good spread in that I was making him cinnamon toast at the time.  So I came up with this spread after doing a search to see if someone already invented it.  They had and in fact I found that it was being sold.  I found this recipe and it really looked good.  With its cinnamon, nutmeg and maple flavoring, this really tripped my trigger.  It would be great for taking to work with bagels, dipping apple slices, on top of graham crackers, for brunch or for your Halloween party.  The idea of having it on a toasted bagel really appealed to me but it would go good on any crusty toasted bread.   I have tweaked the recipe it to my liking.  You may want to tweak it some more.  You could reduce the fat or use a sugar substitute if you like.

1 package (8 ounces) whipped cream cheese
1/2 cup canned pumpkin
1/2 cup sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
2 tablespoon of maple syrup
1/2 teaspoon pumpkin pie spice
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1 8 ounces frozen whipped topping

Prep work – thaw the whipped topping.  Set out the cream cheese to make sure it is soft.

In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, pumpkin and sugar; mix well. Beat in the cinnamon, vanilla, maple syrup, pumpkin pie spice and nutmeg. Fold in the whipped topping. Refrigerate until serving.  It yields about 4 cups.

Hope you have a great Monday.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment