Friday, October 26, 2012

Dairy Free Veggie Dip





I played in the kitchen yesterday developing a dairy free veggie dip that my grandson can have since his diet is dairy free and gluten free.  I think I came up with something I like.  Hope he does too.

1 cup of your favorite Mayo
1 tsp. Balsamic vinegar
1 tsp. onion powder
½ tsp. garlic powder
1 large tablespoon of chopped chives
1 large tablespoon of chopped parley
Pinch of salt
1 tsp. dried dill weed (not seed)

I chopped some of the last of my parsley and chives I harvested from my garden yesterday.  I think the frost will take it with temps getting down into the 20’s starting tonight.

Mix your mayonnaise and chopped chives and parley.  Add a bit of your favorite Balsamic vinegar to give it a bite.  If you don’t have Balsamic vinegar, then squeeze a half a lemon into it.  Add your onion and garlic powder and stir very well.  Add a pinch of salt and your dill weed and finish mixing until well blended.  Refrigerate and let flavors marry for a while.

It should store just like mayonnaise in your refrigerator.  I put it in a pint sized mason jar. 

Variations - You can play with it and add your tastes.  You could add mustard or a dash of hot sauce to give it an even bigger kick.  You can also use it as a flavored mayo on your sandwiches. 

I love to invent in the kitchen.  It makes me happy.  Do what makes you happy and may God bless you and yours.

No comments:

Post a Comment