Saturday, January 26, 2013

Korean Ground Beef Lettuce Wraps



When my grandson Saylor visits he can't eat anything with gluten or dairy, so I'm always looking for recipes I can fix for him. Next week is his week end at Grandmas.  I fix him lettuce wrap a lot because he likes them and they fit his diet.  They are also good for us.  I saved this one because it is Korean and I love to introduce my grandsons to new cultures and food when I can.

1 pound lean ground beef
2 garlic cloves, minced
1 tablespoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon chili powder
3 tablespoons brown sugar
1 teaspoon fresh ginger, grated
1/4 cup soy sauce (I have to make sure it is gluten free.  Most soy sauce has gluten in it)
3 green onions, sliced
Cooked white rice
Lettuce leaves

In a large skillet, brown the ground beef and garlic over medium high heat. Reduce heat to medium. Add the sesame oil, chili powder, brown sugar, ginger and soy sauce. Simmer for 5 to 7 minutes. Serve with the rice rolled inside the lettuce leaves.

Variation - The meat can also be used in a sandwich on a bun.  

It's good to try something new and of another culture.  I think you will like this very simple recipe.  

Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment