Thursday, January 24, 2013

Chicken and Broccoli in Puffed Pastry


You can buy puffed pastry shells already made, but I have a terrible time finding them.  If I see them, I usually grab a couple for the freezer.  This is what I do when I can't get the shells....I punt by making my own in a very large muffin tin.


1/2 package of Puff Pastry (1 sheet)
1 can Cream of Chicken Soup or cheesy broccoli soup
1/3 cup grated Parmesan cheese or cheddar cheese
1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce
1 1/2 cups pulled chicken
1 cup chopped broccoli
Parmesan or cheddar for Topping

Heat the oven to 350° F. Unfold the pastry on a lightly floured surface. Roll the pastry sheet into a 10 x 14 inch rectangle. Cut the pastry sheet into 4 squares. Press the pastry squares into extra large muffin pan cups.  Double the recipe if you use both sheets.

In a medium size bowl, add the pulled chicken, soup, cheese, Worcestershire sauce and broccoli.  Mix well.  Pour the soup mixture into each pastry purse, dividing evenly between each one.  This is another one of those times I would use my dried condensed cream soup mix instead of the canned soup. Either will work in the recipe.  You could even use the canned cheese soup or the cream of broccoli soup.

The full recipe is under a blog in October, 2012.  Just use 1/3 cup of the mix and 1 ¼ cups water.  That equals 1 can of soup.




Bake for 15 minutes, remove and sprinkle each one with additional cheese of your choice and return for another 2 minutes or until golden and bubbly on top.
  
Thank you Pepperidge Farm for making things easy for me. 

Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment