Sunday, September 30, 2012

Frost on the Pumpkin




I'm continuing with my Halloween theme and will share this recipe I invented for Saylor.  He can't have gluten or dairy so I modified it to suit his needs.  If you like, you can exchange the rice and soy flour for 2 cups of regular flour.

This recipe is for a loaf or for muffins which ever you prefer.  I have a silicone muffin pan that is shaped like pumpkins that I use just for these and when I fix them, I call them frost on the pumpkin because I sprinkle powdered sugar on the top as the frost.  

1/2 cup oil
1 cup sugar
2 eggs
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 (15 ounce) can of pumpkin (add extra for extra moist)
1 cup rice flour
1 cup soy flour
1 1/2 tsp. cinnamon
1/2 tsp. cloves
1/2 tsp. nutmeg
1/2 tsp. ginger
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt

Pre-heat oven to 325 degrees and lightly grease a bread pan or spray your muffin pan. 

Cream oil and sugar until light and fluffy. Add eggs, mixing well after each one. Add vanilla and pumpkin mixing until well-blended.

In a separate bowl, mix remaining dry ingredients. Gradually add flour mixture to the pumpkin mixture and stir until combined. Do not over-mix. Pour into prepared bread pan and bake one hour to one hour and ten minutes or approximately 30 minutes for muffins.  Check with a toothpick.

Makes 1 large loaf.

If gluten is no problem for you, you can replace the two flours with regular flour.

Have a super Sunday.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment