Saturday, September 15, 2012

Dump Cake



Apple Pecan Dump Cake

Butter Pecan Boxed Cake Mix
5 cups Apple Pie Filling (I make my own but if you want to use canned, you will need 2-21 oz. cans)
1 teaspoon cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon allspice
1 1/2 cups chopped pecans
1 1/2 sticks (3/4 cup) margarine or butter

Preheat oven to 350 degrees.

Spray a 9 X 13 pan.  Pour in your apple-pie-in-a-jar.  See my blog for Apple-Pie-In-A-Jar.  If you are using a can of apples, you will need to use the spices above.  Mix them dried and sprinkle them on top.  I have cinnamon in my canned apples so I skip this part.   Pour your dried cake mix on top.

Cut the butter into small pieces and place pieces over the top of the cake mix.  Be sure to cover as much of the cake mix as possible.  This will soak into the mix and make a crust.  Add the chopped pecans on the top. 

Bake in a 350 degrees oven for 45 minutes or until the top is a nice golden brown and the sides are bubbling.   Serve warm with ice cream. 

Chocolate Cherry Dump Cake

Another variation of this is using canned cherries, a chocolate cake mix and pecans.  It is my favorite dump cake.  You can do this with almost any type of cake mix and canned fruit.  I’ve made peach dump cake with a white cake mix and a pumpkin pie dump cake.  Think berries.  What mix combination can you come up with. 

Have a great week end.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  




No comments:

Post a Comment