Monday, July 1, 2013

Avocado Bacon Salad


This is unbeatable combinations of bacon and avocado.  Food for the Gods and so super simple.  I saw this on the internet, but was unable to get the recipe because the site kept freezing my computer so I made it from the picture.  Don’t know what theirs tasted like, but this is really good.  I love to take a recipe and play with it and make it my own anyway. 

1 pound of macaroni or pasta of your choice
1 package of pre-cooked bacon (12 slices chopped)
2 or 3 ripe avocados
1 tablespoon chopped chives or dill.  (You pick the flavor you wish to add to the salad)
1 ¼ cup of mayo
1/2 tsp. garlic powder
1 lemon
1 tsp. salt
1/2 tsp. pepper

Boil your macaroni in salted water until it is al dente.  Drain and set aside to cool.

Pit and cut up your avocados.  Squeeze the juice of 1 lemon on the avocados to keep their color.

Using a kitchen scissors, cut up your slices of cooked bacon.  Using the scissors cut your dill or chives as small as you can.  I prefer the chives because I have it in my garden.  Don’t use both.

In a large bowl, mix your mayonnaise with your pasta.  Add your bacon, chives, garlic powder and salt and pepper to taste.  Carefully fold in your avocados.  Chill and serve cold. 

Variations – I like it very simple but you can add 2 cups of halved cherry tomatoes and/or ½ cup sliced black olives for more flavor and color.  You can some red onion for color and/or celery if you like, but don’t overwhelm the taste of the avocado.   It is the star of the show along with the bacon.


This recipe screams summer.  Have a great summer day.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment