Monday, September 19, 2011


What Made Me Happy Today?

I like to think at the end of the day “what made me happy?”  It is often real small things and a repeat of the day before but they add up quickly.  I think Opra writes in a blessings journal and counts her blessings each day.  It is a great idea.  I’m sharing the things that made me happy today:

  • 2 little Chi’s that make me laugh more than once a day
  • Checking the last thing off of my to-do list for the day
  • Visiting my 86 year old mother
  • Reading
  • Watching an old black and white movie I really enjoyed
  • A long needed rain
  • Looking at pictures above my desk of grandchildren
  • Listening to Muddy Waters and B. B. King sing
  • Covering up in a warm blanket just laundered and smelling the freshness of it
  • Climbing into a clean bed with my little dogs.  We keep each other warm.
  • Fixing chicken enchiladas
  • Doing creative writing
  • Looking out my window at the birds I’m feeding
  • Looking out the window at the rabbits eating my mums that I guess I’m feeding
  • Picking fresh tomatoes and herbs from my garden

The list can get very long because I find happiness in such small things.  I need to thank God for all these small blessings (happiness) that He has made a part of my life.  What joy do you find in you day?

Be happy and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment