Saturday, September 17, 2011

At the age of 65, I think I have some wisdom and experiences that others may benefit from, so thought I would try and share some of them with people daily.  I have started a life's lessons list for myself and try to live by it.  Much has been gleaned from books, training that I have been to or just plain old living and making mistakes and hopefully learning from them.  One of the best quotes I ever heard was from a training with Paul Burton and don't know where he gleaned it from but it has always stuck with me.  Insanity is doing the same thing over again and expecting different results.  I try to not make the same mistake over and over again.  Some other lessons I will discuss in the future are: 

  1. You can’t change other people.  You can only change yourself.
  2. Stay in the moments.  Do not drag the past or the future into feelings.
  3. Show love daily so people know it exists.
  4. People can be conditioned to almost anything. 
  5. Do you want to be right or happy?  You usually can’t have both.  Pick.
  6. To pray is to listen.  Listen daily.  He is talking to you.
  7. It is much easier to be nice.
  8. Happiness comes from positive feelings.  Stay away from negative thoughts and people if you want to feel happy.
  9. “Fake it until you make it”.  Keep thinking or doing and it becomes true.
  10. Want and need.  They are two very different things.  Only consider the need.
  11. Anger is one of the 7 deadly sins.  It leads to greater sins. 
  12. All work is noble.
  13. Pride is a sin.  Don’t be afraid to ask for help.  God is always there to listen.
  14. Work gives self esteem 
  15. Read, read, read
  16. Know thyself and be true to yourself
  17. To-Do lists are a great tool to accomplish tasks
  18. Challenge is necessary in one's life to enrich it
  19. To gain control, release control
  20. Mistakes build character.  Go ahead and make as many as you can.  Shows you are growing.
  21. Make sure you leave some of yourself behind for future generations
  22. It is our duty to make this world a better place than when we came into it
  23. You are solely responsible for your happiness
  24. You must leave your comfort zone to grow 
I'm sure I will add to my list in time and expand on these in more detail on how I learned this lesson. 

Have a great day and be happy!  God bless you. 

No comments:

Post a Comment