Monday, September 23, 2013

Honey Apple Pork Loin

Pork loin was on sale for $1.99 a pound this week so I purchased some.  I couldn't turn it down at that price.  I have wanted to try this recipe and am sharing it now because after testing it, I’ll be making it again.  I had to buy the pork loin in a 10 pound package, so had them cut it up for me in 3 pieces which means I can make it several more times if I like.  I can also use up some more of my apples.  It is a crock pot recipe and is super simple and beautiful in appearance.  Sure made the house smell wonderful and it was delicious. 


3 pound pork loin
Delicious apples (2 or 3)
Honey
Cinnamon
Kosher salt
1 cup apple juice
½  sweet onion

Make a marinate of 1 cup apple juice, ½ of a sliced sweet onion, 4 tablespoons of honey, 1 teaspoon of cinnamon and 1 teaspoon of salt.  Poke holes in the pork and place the pork loin in a bag with apple juice marinate and marinate it overnight. 

Toss the marinate out after you have marinated the loin overnight.  Lay some apple slices in the bottom of the crock pot. Sprinkle the apples with cinnamon. 

Cut slits in the pork loin (fat side up).  Drizzle some honey into the slits. Place apple slices into the slits.

Place the pork loin into the crock pot.  Drizzle the top with the honey.  Sprinkle the whole thing with cinnamon and a bit of Kosher salt.

Cook on low for 7 hours.

This is definitely proof that apples and pork are made for each other. 


Have a great day, be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment