Thursday, September 19, 2013

Chinese Chicken Tacos

Here is a multicultural taco that is super simple and tasty too.  I love the idea because I love Chinese and Mexican food.


Chinese Chicken Tacos

2 or 3 boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 cloves of garlic
1/2 tsp. ginger
2 tbs. soy sauce
1 tbs. honey
1 tsp. sesame seeds
1 tsp. onion powder
12 taco shells (soft or hard)
2 cups of shredded lettuce
Olive oil for cooking

Cut your chicken into thin slices.

Add olive oil to a heated pan.  Add your sliced chicken, ginger and garlic, stirring frequently for 3 to 5 minutes until lightly browned.

Reduce the heat to low and add soy sauce, honey and onion powder. Stir making sure the chicken is evenly coated. Cook covered for 5 minutes or until chicken is no longer pink in center, stirring occasionally.  Add sesame seeds at the last minute. 


Serve chicken in a hard shell taco shells. The sesame seeds and corn taco marry beautifully.  Top with shredded lettuce.  I used leaf lettuce from my garden.  I'll definitely be making these again.  

Variation – Try this with sliced pork in place of the chicken. I see Fareways has boneless port tenderloin for sale for $1.99 a pound. You could make this with left over pork.

I didn’t have any or I would have added chopped green onion on top as a garnish. 

Like a little heat?  Add a pinch of red pepper flakes when adding the ginger and garlic.

This makes a quick lunch or supper for a busy day.  Now relax, be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment