Friday, November 11, 2011

Veteran’s Day November 11, 2011



Uncle Floyd Gombert 
My grandfather came to this country as a young boy because Germany had just initiated the draft and my great grandfather did not want his son’s to go to war.  He brought his wife and 10 children to America when my grandfather was 13 years old.  My grandfather married and had 9 children and as fate would have it, his son Floyd joined the army because of World War II and was killed in Africa.  I’m very proud of my uncle and visit his grave in Andrew to honor him.  I wish to honor and thank all those that are serving and have served for their bravery and scarifies.

The Andrew AM Vets are hosting a thank you today for veterans.  What a wonderful idea.  Any time you hear of someone that has served, make sure you take the time to thank them for that service.  We need to say it often. 

Someone shared this soldier’s pray with me and wanted to share it with you.  Thank you brave soldiers.


No comments:

Post a Comment