Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Better World


I have long said that it is my job to make this world a better place than when I came into it.  I came into it over 65 years ago making the contributions I need to make very long.  I hope that when I leave this world, that I can close my eyes and see what I have contributed.  It is not important that other’s know, only that my Maker and I know.  I want to know that I have loved and taught love, been kind, compassionate, touched other lives in a positive manner, taken care of the earth itself, cared for animals, and have been a good influence on all those who have touched my life.  God forgive me for my short comings and failures.  Give me knowledge and strength so that I might do better. 

I watched  Saving Private Ryan last night. It is the first time I have seen it.   It was a very difficult movie to watch, but one of those I needed to see.  The movie was full of the horrors of war, but at the very end Ryan is asking has he lived a good life and was he a good man because of all of the sacrifices others made for him.  Like Private Ryan, I want to make sure I have lived a good life.  Make life worth living and you will know real happiness.

“With realization of one's own potential and self-confidence in one's ability, one can build a better world.”  Dalai Lama 

Be happy and God bless you.

No comments:

Post a Comment