Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Asian Pork Steaks



It what's for dinner.  Have to fix grandson's supper so pulled pork steaks out of the freeze.  While I'm out and about today, my crock pot will go to work.  This is a super simple dish and so little work.

Asian Pork Steaks

4 pork steaks
½ cup soy sauce
1 cup ketchup
½ cup light brown sugar
½ cup maple syrup
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
Black pepper to taste (Soy Sauce has a lot of salt so do not salt)

Mix the sauce ingredients in the bottom of the crock pot to save dirtying a dish.  Put meat in the crock pot.  Ladle the sauce mixture from the bottom of the pot over the meat, cook on low for about 5 plus hours.  The meat should be tender and moist.

Serve with brown and wild rice.

Variation – Add a can of crushed pineapple to the sauce for an even sweeter sauce.  

Great day to be out and about.  The temps are to be in the 40's and the sun is to shine all day.  I'm heading for Dubuque.  I might have to stop in HyVee to see what great finds I can pick up that I can't get here in Maquoketa. 

Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment