Saturday, July 21, 2012

Microwave Cashew Brittle


Years ago I used to drive up north to an Amish home that had a bakery in their home.  They sold some of the best bake goods but my favorite thing was their cashew brittle.  Of course they did not use a microwave, but I found this recipe and it tastes exactly like theirs and is so simple.  They have moved on now, so I have to make my own.  I thought I would share.  It does not have to be made with cashews, but I love cashews.  You may use peanuts if you like.




Read more about it at www.cooks.com/rec/view/0,1929,150177-224194,00.html
Content Copyright © 2011 Cooks.com - All rights reserved.
1 cup salted cashew nut halves
1 cup sugar
1/2 cup corn syrup
1/8 tsp. salt
1 tsp. butter
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. vanilla

In a 1 ½  quart microwave safe dish stir together sugar, syrup, salt and nuts. Microwave on high 4 minutes. Stir well. Microwave 4 minutes more. Stir in butter and vanilla, microwave for 2 minutes longer.
Add baking soda and stir until light and foamy. Immediately pour onto a silpat or spray a cookie sheet with oil.  I love a silpat for this.  Spreading out the hot mixture thin. Let it cool and break into smaller pieces.
They make a great gift.

Be happy and have a sweet day.  May God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment