Sunday, July 22, 2012

Chicken Casserole


A friend of mine served this at book club when we had it at her home and I loved it so much, I want to share it with you.   She verbally gave it to me and from memory I made it this way, so if I have forgot something, it sure tastes like hers when I made it.  Of course you can make it your own and add anything else you like.

Sandy’s Chicken Casserole




3 cans of cream of chicken soup
1 package of frozen asparagus
½ jar of green stuffed olives
1 can of sliced button mushrooms
4 cut up roasted chicken breasts
1  8 oz. package of  cooked noodles (You can determine the size)
1 cup of grated Colby cheese
1 tsp. onion powder
Salt and pepper to taste
Bread crumbs
4 Tbs. butter

Boil noodles until al dente and drain.  Drain asparagus and olives.  Slice olives and asparagus.  Slice fresh mushrooms.  Combine cheese, noodles, chicken, mushrooms, olives, asparagus and cream of chicken soup and put in a 9 x 12 sprayed baking dish.  Spread bread crumbs on the top and put a few pats of butter on top.  Bake for 45 minutes at 350 degrees or until it is gold brown with a crispy crust on it.

Variation – You can replace the noodles with cooked white rice or brown rice but I'd leave off the bread crumbs then and just put cheese on the top.

Have a great Sunday.  Pray for rain.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  



No comments:

Post a Comment