Thursday, July 10, 2014

Dried Beef Dip or Spread

Had a trip to my herb garden today and cut some fresh chives and parsley for this dried beef recipe.  I love this dip or spread and thought I’d share the recipe with you. You can play with it like I did or use this recipe.  I changed up on the original recipe and am happy with my changes. 



1 pkg. chopped dried beef
½ cup sour cream
1 tsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. onion powder
Pinch of pepper (no salt because beef if salty)
8 oz. whipped cream cheese
½  cup Mayo or salad dressing (I used Mayo)
2 tsp. fresh chives
1 tsp. fresh parsley

Using my kitchen scissors, I cut up the dried beef into small pieces.  I also used the kitchen scissors to cut the chives and the parsley.  Toss them all in a bowl and add the rest of the ingredients.  Fold together and sprinkle the top with a few chives for presentation.  Serve with crackers, crusty bread or bagels.

Works as an appetizer or great for a dish to carry to a pot luck.  Hope you enjoy it.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

1 comment: