Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Honey Gingered Chicken

I found this on FB and had to try it.  I made my own changes and am going to save the recipe and make again.  It was so super simple.  Next time though I think I’ll add a little soy sauce to the recipe.  It has an Oriental flavor and think it will make it even better.  I’ll let you know when  I make it.  I decided to make all 4 breasts and not cut it down since it is just for me.  I’m going to slice them and have them on top of salads for a couple of day.  They are good hot or cold.  


4 large boneless skinless chicken breasts
2 tablespoons honey (local honey)
1 tablespoon Dijon mustard
4 tablespoons warm water
2 teaspoons ground ginger
1 tsp. onion powder
2 chopped garlic cloves
Kosher salt and black pepper to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes for heat (optional)

Preheat the oven to 350°F.

Place the chicken breasts into a sprayed baking dish. Salt and pepper them on both sides.

Put the honey, mustard, onion powder, water, ginger & crushed garlic (Pepper flakes if using. I’m using it because I like heat.) together in a mason jar.  Shake well.

Pour over the chicken breasts and let the run over and under the chicken so that both sides get coated.

Bake in the oven for 45 to 60 minutes depending on how big your chicken breasts are.

Drizzle pan juices over the top of the chicken when serving.

Garnish with chopped green onions.

You can also pan fry.  Heat up a frying pan and add the chicken breasts - dry fry them briefly to give them a bit of color and add the cooking sauce.  Cook for about 20 to 30 minutes over a medium heat.

Salad I made with left over cold ginger chicken breast.   Lettuce,  oranges, Ramen Oriental noodles, green onion.  Dressing was made with red wine vinegar, juice from canned oranges, soy sauce, salt and pepper and a bit of sugar. It was a terrific salad. 
There is no rule that says you have to use chicken breasts.  You can roast a whole chicken or cut up chicken.

We are finally in for a thaw today.  Looking forward to the day.  Hope you have a great one.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours.  

No comments:

Post a Comment