Thursday, June 12, 2014

Oreo Rice Crispy Treats

Josh loves Oreos.  What person doesn't?  I have some in the house and thought I’d use them for a new and quick treat by adding them to an old treat.  Josh loves Oreo pudding dessert.  It is his favorite dessert so I thought I’d make both the pudding and the Oreo Rice Crispy Treats for his late night snack and lunches.  I've done something similar just by adding chocolate chips to the mix in the past but this is a new summer snack experience.


Oreo Rice Crispy Treats

6 cups Rice Crispy Cereal
½ package of chopped original Oreos
5 cups mini marshmallows
3 tbs. butter

Spray a 9 x 13 dish with cooking spray.

Crush the Oreos by putting them in a Zip Lock bag and set aside.  I mashed the whole bag of Oreos and am using the rest for Josh’s Oreo pudding. 

Melt the marshmallows and butter together in the microwave by heating for 1 minutes.  Stir together until well combined.

Pour in your cereal and Oreos and use a spatula sprayed with non-stick cooking spray to quickly combine all the ingredients.  As soon as all the cereal is combined, spread mixture into the prepared 9 × 13 inch dish. I wet my hands and gently push down on the mixture to flatten.

Let sit until completely cooled.

Variation – What other combinations can you think of to goose up the bars.  Try crushing or chopping your favorite candy bar like Snickers or Heath.  For color just add some M & Ms. 

Hope you have a great Thursday.  Be happy and may God bless you and yours. 

No comments:

Post a Comment